The purpose of this programme is to enable a learner to:
- • Demonstrate an understanding of emergency scene management .
- • Demonstrate an understanding of elementary anatomy and physiology .
- • Assess an emergency situation .
- • Apply First Aid procedures to the life-threatening situation .
- • Treat common injuries.
Module 1: What is first aid
- • What is First Aid.
- • What is a First Aider.
- • Preventing Infections.
Module 2: Emergency Scene Management
- • What is an Emergency Scene.
- • Protect the Emergency scene and the Injured person.
- • Legal Implications of Giving First Aid.
Module 3: The Human Body Anatomy
- • Introduction to the Human Body.
- • The Different Systems in the Human Body.
- • How the Different Systems Relate to Each Other.
Module 4: Assess an Emergency Situation
- • Levels of Priority.
- • Identify the Causes of Emergencies.
- • Availability of First Aid Equipment.
- • Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- • Referral to Medical Assistance.
Module 5: Treat Injuries
- • Types of Injuries:
- – Fractures.
- – Spinal injuries
- – Head Injuries
- – Burns
- – Wounds and bleeding
- – Sprains and Strains
- – Cuts and Scrapes
- – Fever Emergency
- – Allergic Reactions
- – Poisons
- – Bites and Stings
- – First Aid for Nosebleeds