The purpose of this programme is to:
Help the learner to understand the legislation that applies to occupational health and safety and the impact that non-compliance would have in the workplace and understand the inspection protocols applicable to the workplace.
Learners will also be able to carry out physical inspections and record, report and deal with the results of the inspection in order to implement corrective and preventative actions.
Module 1: Programme Introduction
- • Programme breakdown & Duration.
- • Unit Standard Information.
- • Purpose of the Training.
Module 2: Occupational Inspections – Legal Requirements
- • The Occupational Health and Safety Act (Act 85, 1993), As Amended.
- • Typical Health and Safety Considerations.
- • Specific Inspection Requirements.
- • Labelling: Dangerous Goods and Substance.
- • Safety colours and Symbols.
- • The Risk associated with workplace hazardous substance.
Module 3: Planning OHS Inspections
- • Inspection Protocols.
- • Preparing for Inspection.
- • Additional aspects relating to planning.
- • Information to include in an inspection report.
Module 4: Conducting OHS Inspections
- • Conducting an OHS Inspection.
- • Risk Assessments.
- • The Risk Assessment.
- • Conducting a Risk Assessment.
- • Hazard Assessment for PPE.
Module 5: OHS Inspection Report
- • OHS Inspection Report.
- • Practical Session.