The purpose of this programme is to enable a learner to:
- • A learner accredited with this standard will be able to demonstrate applied competence in occupational health, safety awareness of environmental issues and general housekeeping based on statutory and industry requirements.
In this unit you will learn
- • Use the correct protective clothing and equipment. in relation to specific freight/commodities and environments.
- • Implementing and complying with the relevant procedures.
- • Implementing selected mechanisms for the minimising of risks.
- • What constitutes safety, health and environment appreciation?
- • Good practices within the working environment.
- • Compliance legislation.
- • Reporting mechanisms for unsafe working practice and conditions.
- • Good housekeeping practices
- • Improvements in health, hygiene, environmental and safety practices