Confined Space Entry
Unit Standard (SAQA Reg. No 15034)
In simple terms confined space is defined as any space which is large enough for someone to enter and perform assigned work, which has limited means of entry or exit, and which is not designed for continuous employee occupancy.
This course prepares workers for entry into confined spaces and containers. Participants acquire all knowledge required to perform CSE work safely and efficiently. Special attention is given to gas measurement, personal protective equipment, and emergency procedures.
Successful candidates credited with this unit standard are able to:
- Identify Hazards involved with the entry into a confined Space.
- Identify the correct PPE to be used when entering a confined space.
- Identify all the necessary paperwork and documentation required before entering a confined space.
COURSE DURATION: 1 Day
NQF LEVEL: 2
Quality Assured Partner: Construction Education And Training Authority
Learners who are assessed as competent against this course will be able to identify the hazard of confined spaces and the precautions required for the safety of the workers and public. It contributes to the socio-economic transformation and development of a professional community of Construction workers. The area of focus of this course will be;
- Programme breakdown & Duration.
- Unit Standard Information.
- Legislative Requirements.
- Purpose of the Training.
Confined Space Hazards
- Confined Space Hazards.
- Hazards Relating to Gasses.
- Hazards Relating to Water.
- Hazards Relating to Fire.
- Hazards Relating to Soil Types and Conditions.
- Hazards Relating to Installation Processes of Material and Plan.
- Hazards Relating to Operation of Plant and Equipment.
The Correct Personal Protective Equipment
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Boatswain Chairs.
Implement Training Programs
- Confined Space Entry Program.
- Instruction and Training.
Entry Level Requirements Into This Programme?
- Certified copy of your ID document
- School certificate Grade 9 or Skills certificate
- In possession of a Valid medical certificate from registered occupational practitioner
Learning Assumed To Be In Place And Recognition Of Prior Learning:
- ABET Level 4 Literacy
- ABET Level 3 Numeracy
All employees responsible for working and intend to work in confined space entry.